VISTA™ – Reproductive Health
BGI VISTA™ Carrier Screening
Most people do not know they are a carrier for an inherited genetic disease until they have a child with the disease. The Vista™ Carrier Screening detects 11,000 mutations across 161 genes, for more than 169 genetic disorders.
BGI VISTA™ Carrier Screening can be ordered before or during pregnancy and is ideally suited for couples who want to learn about their genetic status, so that they can make more informed reproductive decisions.
BGI VISTA™ Carrier Screening covers most common disease such as:
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy – the most common form of muscular dystrophy affecting children.
- Wilson disease – Worldwide 1 in 30,000 people have Wilson disease.
- Cystic fibrosis – one of the most common deadly inherited disorder among Caucasians.
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy – 1 in 50 people found to be a carrier of this disease.
- Glycogen Storage Disease – The most comprehensive coverage for all types of pomp disease in the market.
BGI VISTA™ Chromosome Sequencing
BGI VISTA™ Chromosome Sequencing uses NGS-based low coverage whole genome sequencing (WGS) to help detect chromosome abnormalities before or during pregnancy. Testing can be performed on a variety of different sample types.
BGI VISTA™ Chromosome Sequencing is especially suitable for:
- Individuals or couples who want to confirm the high-risk screening test results, such as Maternal Serum Screening (MSS) or Non-invasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT)
- Individuals or couples who have suffered from repeated miscarriage or who have had a child who suffers from a genetic condition
- Individuals or couples who have had abnormal ultrasonography results, but with negative CGH, SNP results
- Anyone suspected of belonging to a population which is at higher risk of chromosomal abnormality or patients who want to understand if a chromosome abnormality was a factor in a miscarriage
BGI VISTA™ PGT-A
Preimplantation genetic testing – Aneuploidy (PGT-A) evaluates embryos for extra or missing chromosomes. PGS is an option for any in vitro fertilization (IVF) patient.
BGI VISTA™ PGT-A is used in conjunction with an IVF cycle. Embryos remain on-site at the patient’s IVF center. Cells are removed from an embryo and sent to BGI for genetic analysis.
BGI VISTA™ PGT-A can improve the chance of a successful pregnancy while reducing the chance of miscarriage or of having a child with a chromosome condition.
Any Individual or couple undergoing IVF should consider BGI VISTA™ PGT-A, especially those with the following indications:
- Advanced maternal age (AMA);
- Individuals/couples who have suffered repeated implantation failure (RIF);
- Individuals/couples who have suffered repeated miscarriage (RM);
- Severe male factor infertility;
- Individuals/couples who are carriers of chromosomal abnormalities or have given birth to a child with chromosomal abnormalities.